I think I’ve expressed my love for peanut butter. I swear I can just scoop peanut butter and eat it just like that. However, the popularity of peanut butter are from 2 extreme ends. Some people just love it and some don’t thus, peanut butter is not a regular guest iny my baking list. Thankfully, my dear friend requested for some peanut butter cookies last week so I have some excuse to indulge in my favourtie skippy!
Ultimate Peanut Butter Cookies
½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
½ cup sugar
½ cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup peanut butter (Skippy chunky is my choice!)
1 ½ cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 180° C.
2. Cream together butter and sugars until pale and fluffy.
3. Beat in egg and vanilla. Stir in peanut butter.
4. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
5. Add to peanut butter mixture and blend in.
6. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet and crisscross mark them with a floured fork. (I used a fork dipped in water instead so that the dough will not stick to the fork)
7. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes, until cookies just start to colour around the edges.